Landon had his Kindergarten Screening today and he did so good!
They took him to a classroom where they tested him and the other kids (there was only 6 kids there this morning) for different skills in language motor and cognitive skills. They also tested their hearing and sight. The moms waited in the gym and filled out more paper work I made a few new friends. Then after about an hour they brought them into the gym one at a time and then went over the results with us individually.
I was so nervous I didn't know what to expect. I think the world today makes mom's feel like they're failing at everything and that our kids never know enough cuz we're not teaching them enough or doing it a certain way or whatever. We just need to remember to ignore those outside influences because Landon did great!
In all areas he scored in the green area except one area I think it was the language skills he was in the yellow but it was still above the average line. (The colors went Green Yellow Red and there was a number score as well in each area.) In that area he needs to work on identifying a picture when give 3 close sounding options. For example the picture is of a Bag and you ask him if it's a Back Bag or Bat. So he has to listen carefully and identify the correct word. But overall he did great and he is excited for school! We also get to work on counting backwards ( who knew!? We were still working on counting forward!) and adding up to 6. Little everyday things like Landon if you have 2 crackers and I give you 2 more how many do you have? I'm just excited he did so well and there's no concerns :) We have plenty of time to continue working on things until fall :) Oh and he passed his hearing screening but he failed the sight! haha They said it wasn't a lot to worry about because it is just a screener but I'll probably be getting his sight checked just to make sure! haha

No comments:
Post a Comment