Friday, April 18, 2014

we've been having fun

Last Friday my cousin Tawny graduated from the nursing program at BYUI her older sister from Maine got to come all the way down for her graduation so I babysat her two cute boys while she went to watch the graduation! Lincoln (3) and Grant (8months? ithink...haha) 
The boys had lots of fun and played really well together and watched movies.  
Landon wante to hold the baby :) haha 

Since it's FINALLY acting like spring I've been doing a bunch of spring cleaning and organizing!!! I never have a spot for the boys' shoes so I finally bought an over the door shoe rack at target and I love it! Now i know exactly where the church shoes are every sunday morning no more running around trying to find that one missing shoe!!! Drake likes to take them off the bottom row but he's learning to leave it alone.  
 The boys' closet has been driving me crazy there's just not enough space in our house. So I finally organized there clothes in there and have all the right sizes and I bought some small clear and blue totes from walmart for 88cents! One holds their bowties the other holds their ties and the top one had sunglasses and belts in it but I ended up combining it with their bow ties and just have two totes in the closet so I could use the other one in the craft room. 

Organzied my craft room shelves!!! believe me this is a definite improvement! Now I can see everything and it's much neater I'm kinda bummed I forgot to take a before picture darn it. 

 Trampoline before....
Trampoline AFTER!!!
 last saturday we were at the dollar store and they had pool noodles! in red green and blue I had seen this idea one time on pinterest for covering the trampoline springs and since they had lots of pool noodles for $1 Lee and I decided to do it! We bought 20 but I only needed 14 so the rest will be used as the boys' light sabers since they love fighting with them and they're actually light saber colors! Of course when we did landon's starwars party last year the only color they had was orange...oh well.  I'm sure we might actually use some in the water this summer too haha  
 Our trampoline is so cute now :) I cut the noodles into 6.5in sections and got 7 sections from each noodle. then I just cut a slit in the back and slipped them over the spring. They fit perfectly and my kids leave them on the trampoline I just used one of our really sharp serated kitchen knives to cut the pool noodles with and it worked like a charm.

18 weeks prego! monday the 14th was my 18 week mark!As of today only 10 more days until we find out if we're having a boy or girl! I decided I'm going to have a little gender reveal party the friday after we find out. It's going to be a guns or glitter themed party. I'm excited. Can't hardly wait 10 more days and we get to know!  Yesterday I felt the baby kicking a ton! I love that I'm starting to feel him/her more often now! Can't believe how fast time is flying by. 

 Today I decided it was time to be crafty and get the boys' easter ties made! I bought them these super cute blue aqua polo shirts from Old Navy when they were on sale for $7! And I finally got our of the house and to Joann Fabric's to pick out some bright orange fabric to make their ties out of! I found the fabric so fast and even better it was 50% off and I got an entire yard for $3! awesome! I maybe used 1/3 of the fabric. 

The ties were so quick and easy to make! I found the pattern at littlebitfunky.com it is by far the best toddler tie pattern I've been able to find. So easy and it's easy enough to shorten or lengthen the pattern to your needs!

 I used half inch elastic for the neck part and it's best to measure out how much of it you need by measuring it with the shirt your going to use. Otherwise if you just go off their neck size it will gather and scrunch the shirt weird when you go to put it on them. Then to attach the ends I used snaps. So much easier and less hassle then velcro. I bought my little snap tool and snaps at Wal-Mart in the craft section . I buy replacement snaps from Etsy though because you can get them in bulk a whole lot cheaper.
 Trying on their new shirts and ties!!! They're going to be so darn cute for Easter Sunday! If only I had a matching outfit too lol They'll be wearing khaki pants with their shirts and I'm sure I'll be taking lots  better pictures on Easter to post for everyone! HAPPY EASTER! 

No comments:

Post a Comment