random picture of the boys eating sandwiches during lunchtime one day. At first it was Zeke and Drake sitting on the Steph being cute eating together but as soon as I went to take a picture Drake got up and ran towards me to see the picture so I didn't get one of the two of them but here's Landon and Zeke :)
Wednesday yesterday 4/9/14 I got my haircut! Feels so good! :) Love it!
Last Tuesday for mutual we made these cute Temple pictures. I'm in charge of personal progress activities and this is what we did for a Virtue Value experience :) We had lots of girls show up but 3 of them couldn't make it so this morning I made them each one. :) the boys painted them for me and then I mod podged the picture on and added the little flowers :)
These are the boys' temple pictures. They each picked a color. Zeke's is orange and Landon's is blue.
Here's all three! The black one is the example I made for Tuesday night and I made it plain so one of the boys could have it. So I guess Drake get's that one haha not that he cares but now they can all have one to put in their room. These were really easy to make too by the way and minimal in cost which is even better. I just used a 1x6x8 board and cut them 7.25in long. I just found a picture of the temple that I liked on google images and changed it to black and white and added the wording "I'm going there someday...." with pixlr.com then I printed them on regular computer paper 5x7 size two to a page and mod podged them onto the wood. The easiest way to do it was to put a thin layer of mod podge on the wood and press the picture onto it. Then you turn it upside down and stand on it or squish it in between heavy books so there's no bubbles. Then I let the girls decorate them with flower and ribbons and buttons and I wish i had a picture of all their's cuz they turned out really cute :) I also put a small screw in the back so it acts like a little kickstand and will stand up on it's own. The girls really enjoyed the activity! :)
This is my most favorite quote about the temple and it's importance. I made one of these for each of the girls as well. So that's what I've been up today! I should get my butt cleaning but that's no fun hahaha. But it's gotta get done I suppose. :) Such a nice day all the kids want to do is play outside now that it's finally starting to act like spring and the sun is shining and the snow is practically gone except for on the shaded side of our house.







No comments:
Post a Comment