We got our Christmas present early from my parents this year! A brand new wood stove!!!!!! We are so excited to replace our old stove with this one! our old stove was really really really really really really really really really old! and it puffed smoked it didn't have a damper on it but it did serve it's purpose but we already are appreciating this one soooo much more! Lee rocked the fireplace himself and just finished it last night! We were so excited to hook up the stove and start a fire this morning! It's been freezing here in Ashton especially in the mornings. So this morning is our official first day of using this awesome stove! THANK YOU MOM AND DAD!!!
The rock we used for the fireplace is really sparkley :) I love it but you can't tell as well in the pictures.
My Mini pumpkins! I grew these cute little pumpkins in our garden this year!! I LOOOOOVE them!!! I found a big bag of raffia at the flea market for a buck and tied little bows on all of them :) I have a row of orange and white pumpkins in every window in my house just about :) haha These little guys make me smile :)
The 22nd was our Super Saturday for Relief Society and I was in charge of 3 different crafts! Somehow I was able to finish my own crafts that day too! It was a lot of fun we had a food demonstration from a girl in our ward who is from Brazil! she makes THE best rice and beans EVER omg it was AMAZING!!! we had a potato Bar for lunch and we had lots of different crafts of course. The kids in nursery played ate pizza and watched movies so the moms could get their stuff done :) It went from 10-2 but being on the committee that set it up I was there from 9-almost 5 haha but it was worth it and so much fun.
These cute little dish towels were one of my craft ideas that I was in charge of! SUPER easy! you don't even have to know how to sew to do one of these! It only takes one straight or sort of straigt stitch and sew on a button :) These are great inexpensive gifts and you can use some really cute dish towels and matching pot holders to make these! :)
Tada! Hangs on your oven handle and looks cute :)
This was another craft that was available that I signed up to do! Love these cute holiday blocks! you paint them and then sand the edges and use a gel stain and brush the stain over the paint, then rub it off and you get that antiqued look! Then just add your vinyl! :)
Here's my Thanksgiving blocks! I didn't put the stain over the paint on these ones cuz I liked how it turned out without it :)
Love the saying on this little craft that stands up on top of my microwave in my kitchen :)
The plaque above my book/dvd shelf it reads "Trust in the Lord with all thy heart."
These are the Pretty Pins I was in charge of! They're scrapbook covered rolling pins that have a clear epoxy coat over the paper and you can still use them as a rolling pin! These were a lot of fun but also frustrating. Like in the bottom picture the green rolling pin on the left! Did NOT turn out it got all splotchy! If i was to do these again I would put two layers of paper down. the first one would just be plain white and then I'd do the colored paper. then add your letter stickers or other sayings (on mine I wrote Lee & Michelle est 2008) then do your clear coat of epoxy. :D The easiest way to line up the paper on these is to play with it get it so the edges and everything line up and there's no paper sticking up then un roll it a little and add mod podge so it sticks to the pin just right.

This is the other craft I was in charge of. It wasn't originally my idea but the sister who came up with it was gone so I took over :D These Cute little scripture totes are soooo easy to make!!! you wouldn't believe it! All you need to make these is placemats, ribbon and a little bling!!! Seriously that's it! ok well a sewing machine and glue gun too but they're super easy and super cute! :) Here is the website where we found these! http://loreeandleonard.blogspot.com/2009/03/sew-cute-scripture-totes.html check out all the cute ones she's made! You can have so much fun with these!
Also lately I've joined a book club! Two actually! One of them is our ward book club that my friend is in charge of and then a seperate young moms book group that is soooo much fun! I love it! we meet once a month for both of them and last month for the Relief Society Book Club we read

The Alliance by Gerald Lund. It was great! and we read Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz in the other one it was different lol This month for the RS book club we're reading

To The Rescue Thomas S. Monson's Biography! I'm determined to tackle it and finish it this month! So far it's great! I love it :) and In the other book club we're reading

Chinese Cinderella A true story of an unwanted daughter by Adeline Yen Mah
I love reading and I'm so excited to be in a couple of book clubs now! I also just joined Goodreads.com It's like a netflix but for books! It give you recommendations based on what you've read and rated :D It's free too and pretty much the best thing ever cuz I never know what to read next. Well that's all for now! I have some Etsy orders to fulfill. :D
I LOVE, LoVe, love all of the crafts that your ward did at your Super Saturday Activity Day... Most of the crafts I've never seen done before, great ideas, I'm so wishing that I was in your ward right now!!!
ReplyDeleteI had no idea you loved to read! I'm a huge reader!!1 So happy you're on goodreads now. And holy cow! You're etsy is going CRAZY GIRL!! Not surprised. You are so talented.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to hear everything is going so well. Love you and miss you guys like crazy. I can't wait to meet your little boys!
ReplyDelete