We are starting to Potty Train Landon. And let me tell you it's a lot less scarier then I feared and I am soooo glad! He has been so good! We were at walmart and I was playing with the idea of maybe trying to start potty training him so I was looking at all the potties and oh my are they're a lot of options! We ended up getting this cute little Royal Potty that plays "royal music" when he goes potty on it! It's heat censored so sometimes when he poo's it misses the sensors at the bottom and I have to wiggle the potty for him so it will play the song hahaha.

Cute little potty huh?! It also folds down into a stool adn you can take the white seat off and put it on a big toilet! Great deal since I was looking at buying a little seat for our big toilet and a stool anyways!
He's done really well so far! It's only been like 2 days! we started Tuesday night and it's now Thursday afternoon. The first night we had it he wanted to watch cars 2 and sit on his potty so we took it to the living room and as he was watching his movie he peed on the potty!!! He was so excited! then later that night was running around with out any bottoms on and no diaper and he had an accident on my pillow (of course! haha) he said Uh Oh and had the saddest little voice and said Sorry Pillow! and then he ran out of the room as I was cleaning it up and Lee was cleaning our room and then Landon came running back saying Daddy See! Come 'ere! He took lee's hand and pulled him over to his potty and he had pooped!!! In his potty! All by himself!!!! I was shocked! And sooo excited! we praised him and Lee took him to the store to get some ice cream! I told Landon he could have some Ice Cream if he pooped in the potty! of course when he pooped the grocery store had just closed and so had the frost top drive in but luckily Big Juds was still open (burger place! Famous for there 1lb burger! It's huge!) so Landon got his reward! If Big Juds wasn't open it would have been a gas station slushy for his reward. lol
So anyways potty training is going well. Yesterday he had a couple pee accidents but he went straight to his potty when he needed to poo!!! I'd much rather be cleaning pee then poo! He know associates poo with Ice Cream which is kinda funny! He'll poo in his little potty and then point at it proudly and say Ice Cream Ice Cream!!! hahaha
I'm so glad he's caught on so well and so fast! tomorrow I'm going to try just letting him drink juices and soda and see if we can't get the peeing on the potty thing down! Since soda seems to run straight through little kids we'll see if it helps! I think I need a better reward for peeing. I was using marshmallow or chocolate chips but it's hasn't caught his interest like the ice cream has! well wish me luck! Any tips and tricks are appreciated! haha
Yay, way to go Landon! We used peanut M & M's as our reward. We put a jar on the back of the toilet (that had a lid) & when Dave & Daph would go potty or poo they'd get an M & M after they cleaned their hands.
ReplyDelete