Thursday, April 11, 2013

My Boys

Here's a collection of pictures of the boys that I've taken randomly throughout the last couple weeks or so. 
Zeke and Daddy napping together. Zeke really slept for quite a while balanced on the edge of the couch with his feet tucked up under him! haha  Drake being  cute in his swing. And landon in his swing he had stretched out his legs and was as stiff as a board. lol Lee built the kids a hammock swing of their own for inside during the long winter months he used an extra fleece blanket we had some rope and attached it to the beam in our living room ceiling. We can take it down and put it up whenever we want and the kids love it. 
The boys taking turns with Drake. Zeke actually asked to hold Drake in this picture he doesn't ask too often so it was cute that he actually wanted to hold him. He's usually just to busy to stop and sit down very long.









Landon and his faces! Lol he likes getting his picture taken as long as you tell him he gets to see it afterwards and he's always saying "Take a picture of me doing this!"  The first top left picture of him is the face I get half of the time when I tell him to smile! LOL 



I was trying to get a good picture of his eyes so you could really see the cool colors he has in them but it didn't really work so I'll try again another time.






Landon and his Lego creations! :)  This was really the first time he actually sat down and made a bunch of things from his lego's and then played with what he had made. It kept him entertained for a good several hours. My favorite is the yellow "horse" he made with the one eye in the front haha too cute.

Landon is 3 and 3/4  He is in a preschool group with 7 other girls that meets on Wednesday mornings he loves it! And doesn't seem to mind that they're all girls. He's now officially fully potty trained! yay!!! He's been potty trained during the day for quite some time now but I'd been putting off the night time training cuz I was really dreading all the laundry and sheet changing. Changing sheets on bunk beds is a pain but I sucked it up and last Tuesday we took away his diapers at night. He cried and wanted his diaper ( he liked peeing in them he told us) but we stayed strong and he wet the bed that night... I really hadn't with held liquids from him that night and really it was the first night so I was like ok we'll try again. The next night no diaper again and he woke up DRY!!! I was sooo happy! And he's been dry ever since!!!! no  joke! easiest potty training at night ever! haha We were really just holding him back by still putting diapers on him at night! I don't even have to with hold his liquids that much either. I'm sooo glad I've gotten over that hump now I only have two kids in diapers! haha

Zeke turned 2 March 19th and boy does he act like it! I swear they know when they turn two and decide to be terrible! He's a big tease and it's cute but sometimes it gets him in trouble. He's started hitting and it's driving me nuts cuz timeout in his room doesn't work for him. He doesn't care that you shut him in his room. He's been swatted a time or two for hitting Landon but he still isn't stopping. I'm at a loss of what to do with him so that he'll stop hitting Landon. He doesn't just hit with his hands either he'll get a toy and whack Landon right in the head with it and hard! Any suggestions to get him to stop hitting are gladly welcomed!!!  I think he likes having to say sorry and give landon a hug too so I just don't know what to do with this little stinker.

He had his 2 year old appointment yesterday and he weighs 23.5lbs (4%) and is 33.3inches tall (18%)
His favorite things are Toy Story (esepcially Woody) he also likes The Lorax  Breakfast foods like pancakes,oatmeal,cream of wheat.. Like any boy he loves Playing outside in the dirt and especially the mud and water . He loves books and can sit and read them for quite awhile when he feels like it. He likes to give kisses to Mommy and the baby and can be really sweet. He also has the longest eyelashes ever I'll have to try and get a picture of them. I wish I had his lashes! 
Drake in this picture was 4 weeks old! He held his head up for so long! he's just so advanced for how young he is it's crazy and he just keeps surprising us!

He turned 2 months old!
He had his doctor appt yesterday as well and is 11lbs 14oz! (52%) woohoo! he's such a good little eater!
 He is 23.5inches (72%) he's tal! and growing fast! He's wearing 3-6month clothes now! he can still wear some of his 3 month clothes since I don't have that many warm 3-6 stuff but the jammies in 3months are getting tight! haha

 The week before Easter he decided he didn't need to poop 5times a day and went from 5 times a day to nothing then 2-3days later he'd poop. He wasn't constipated at all it was still runny  baby poop and he's only ever been breastfed so I was at a loss for why it was happening and asked about it at his appt and they said it's perfectly normal for a breastfed baby (his age) to go without pooping for 5-7 days because breastmilk is all nutrients and there's not a lot of waste. Good to know!  I knew that when they are newborns you don't want them to not poop for more than a day or two cuz you don't want them to forget how to use that pooping muscle ( I learned that from Landon) but I didn't know it was ok for them to go that long. My other kids never did this so i never had to ask. so all you moms out there now you know.

Drake is such a good baby too he sleeps all night for me! He'll go to bed aroundd 9pm-10 and doesn't wake up usually until 6-7! He sleeps a good 8hrs at night for so when he goes to bed earlier around 9 he might wake up sometime after 5am to eat but goes right back to sleep it's great! :)

He still doesn't really like bath time. Being naked freaks him out for some reason lol even changing his diaper lately has him doing the outreached arm freaked out crying thing that babies doe when they get scared! Poor kid I try and give him a blanket or something to grab on to and it seems to help he gets death grip on it and usually calms down but holy cow your just naked it's ok! haha

He laughed at me a couple of weeks ago too! it was just one laugh but it was a laugh! He's such a happy smiley boy I love it! He's just getting big too fast! I wish I could slow him down!  

1 comment:

  1. You are such a optimistic mom! It makes me not so scared for number 3 to get here.. If you find anything on the hitting thing, pass the word along because I know I could use some advice too, except its the other way around, with the oldest hitting his little sister. Those terrible 2s have been going on for several months now here, and she still has 2 months until here birthday! Your little guys are all so cute, and you look great for having a newborn!

    ReplyDelete