Friday, May 9, 2014

projects and shopping

 I've been wanting to put this quote up in the boys' room for a while now and I finally got to it and cut it out and put it up! It looks so good I love it! :) I'm going to have to take pictures of their entire room one of these days just to show it off but not until it's finished. I have some under the bed drawers Lee needs to make for me first so I can get it organized the way I want it. 
 I have their names in rope on the walls and I finally got around to doing Drake's name and ran out of rope at the last part of his name haha darn it! I was also able to fix the way Zeke's name looked. I had the Z and E connected before and I didn't like the way it looked at all so I finally got it separated and straightened out and it looks so much better! :) Now I just need to get that little bit of rope to finish Drake's name lol 
May 3rd was our Anniversary! Lee's brother and his wife watched our kids for us while we went out to eat and went shopping in Idaho Falls. I got some new clothes and Lee got the newest hobbit movie that came out haha It was so nice to just go out shopping without kiddo's and spend time together! We also went and saw Divergent :) 
Landon and Drake and I just taking pics :) I think Zeke was sleeping


My very first all pink girl order showed up yesterday!!! I made this purchase on OldNavy.com a couple days after we found out we were having a girl!!! 
The cutest little 0-3M outfit! I just loooove the little heart pants!!!  
 0-6 Month socks with bows :) 
 Pink and white striped sleeper 0-3M
 Pink with white polka dot sleeper 0-3M
 Pink and pink striped sleeper 0-3M! I just love everything I ordered! so cute and girly! Lee is not thrilled about the pink. He says he'd like it better if it was blue and I glared and him and told him our baby girl is not going to be dressed in BLUE!!! After 3 boys it's PINK PINK and PINK!!! He'll just have to get used to it cuz she's only going to be wearing girly colors!

 Kmart was having a closing store sale so we decided to go in and see what kind of sales they had going. Well it was nothing great at all. the kid clothes were only 20% off and you can go to Walmart for better prices than that (which is why kmart is going out of business). But I found this cute little sleeper and we little hair bows and couldn't resist. It was our first purchase together actually going to a store and picking it out. and we also had $7.00 in reward points saved up so it was nice we got to use them before they closed. The boys got some ninja turtle jammies and Drake instead of Jammies got a ball haha he's obsessed with balls so he was very happy :) 

Well I have lots of projects planned for baby girl! 

*Her room needs painted we're going to paint it a light gray and accent with all the happy girl colors that I love especially pinks.
(it's blue yellow and whitish cuz we used left over paint that we had just to finish the walls after we built it. yeah not ok for baby girl lol)


I haven't decided for sure but I might be doing one wall all glittered just like this one!!! I looove it but we'll have to see what Lee thinks about it haha. You can buy powdered crystal things to add to your paint to get this effect. 

*There's shelves in her room that need finished. I need to wood fill them and paint them white. 

*I ordered her crib bedding fabric! Yes I'm going to make it all!! 

It is going to look like the picture below:

I ordered all the same fabric including the pink tulle to make this set myself. I found this on Etsy and LOVE it! 
The Crib bumper is going to look like this but instead of  ruffley edges it will just have a light pink piping going around the top edge.
The inside of the bumper will be this pink circle fabric! 

I can't wait to get started on it! The fabric should be here next week around the 15th! I'm hoping to get her room all painted and done by then so I can just sew away and get everything slowly but surely put together! 
I'm also going to be making coordinating curtains to put up in her room but I haven't decided which fabric I want to make those out of yet or if I'll just get some pink sheer curtains or something...I need to see it all put together first. 

Lee absolutely refuses to let me put a little chandelier in her room so I'm going to make this cute sparkley mobile instead :) The ruffle at the top will be pink of course. Lee actually likes this mobile so that's a plus haha

This is just one of my ideas for her window treatment I love the ruffles and the tulle. we'll just have to see how it all comes together! I can't wait to get started. I'll definitely be taking before and after pictures! 

I have lots of other projects in mind for her as well but I'll just post those as I get them done! So excited for all this girlyness!!!! Now if we could just agree on a name......

No comments:

Post a Comment