Friday, July 1, 2016

It's a......

BOY!!!!! 

Kru Titus McIntier made his grand debut June 11th 2016 8:54am weighing in at 7lbs 8oz and measuring 20inches long. 



I had been having contractions late Friday night that were actually timeable and coming consistantly. they were all about 3 mins apart and lasting about 30-45 seconds. They started at about 11pm and i timed them for about 2-3 hours and then they slowly spaced themselves out and I ended up falling asleep and woke up at about 3am and they were totally gone! ugh but as soon as i woke up they actually started back up again at the same intervals and were getting a little stronger so I asked Lee to give me a blessing because I REALLY didn't want them to die off again and I was pretty conviced I was in labor anyways. So I got my blessing and for the next 2 hrs timed my contractions and around 5am I called my midwife and talked to her and told her about my contractions and that I was alomst positive this was it and she said to go ahead and come on in. I knew I'd atleast be dilated to a 4cm if I went and that I could just have her break my water if my contractions died off but luckily that didn't happen! So after i talked to my midwife I called my amazing friend Julie and told her it was time and to come on over and please watch my kids! So she came over and hung out until my kids woke up and then took them to her house for the day. She arrived pretty quickly at my house and once she pulled up we were headed out the door to the hospital! I had a whole bunch of contractions in the car on the way to the hospital which is a half hour away and of course contractions suck while sitting in the car but I survived haha we got to the hospital about 5:30ish that morning and got checked in and they checked to see how dilated i was and I was at a 4 and of course I was starting to get nauseous and contractions were getting stronger so I was just ready to get an epidural and get it all over with but my midwife and hubby talked me into trying out the Jacuzzi tub first so i agreed. First we had to get my IV in which was quite the task for marie (my midwife) because my veins didn't want to cooperate so I ended up having it put in up by the outside of my elbow which actually i liked better then where they usually place it near your wrist anyways. so she got the IV in first try luckily and I got some anti nausea meds which was soooo nice not to feel like puking while in labor haha and my midwife Marie broke my water at about 7am and then I put a towel between my legs and we walked across the hall to where the Jacuzzi tub was waiting for me and I got in and the jets felt so nice on my back during contractions cuz I was having back labor (ew!) contractions were getting stronger and stronger and i was ready for some IV drugs so i got out and got in bed cuz the IV drugs make you dizzy so I had to be in bed which was fine with me. and the IV drugs took the edge off of the contractions for about an hour or so and I  kinda rested for a little bit and then they started getting super intense and more frequent and I was hitting transistion when my midwife came to check in on me at that time and of course the IV drugs, what little help they were, had completely worn off by this time so it was all natural all on my own at this point but lucky (or unlucky haha) for me transition and having the baby goes super fast for me. during those strong contractions Lee really helped me to get through them just by putting his hand on my shoulder it was weird how much that actually really helped calm me and breathe through them instead of freaking out.  When Marie came in I had the first couple really strong almost ready to push contractions and she checked to see how dilated I was and I was at an 8cm which I was thinking I would have been complete but two seconds later I pretty much was cuz I was feeling TONS of pressure and pretty much pushing right after that. Marie had me get up onto my hands and knees after she checked me and lean against the back of the bed that was raised up so my back was actually facing everyone if that makes sense...anyways it was actually a really good position to be in and she had Lee put pressure on my back during contractions which helped and then it just seems like a big fat blur of constant contractions one on top of the other with no breaks. I couldn't tell when a contraction began or ended I just knew I felt like pushing and I pushed pretty much that entire time until he was out! haha Lee said I pushed twice and he was out but I was pushing before they could see that i was pushing haha so anyway it went super fast and was crazy intense and insane and after I pushed his head out Marie told me to stop pushing which I tried but i don't know how successful I actually was and she unraveled the cord from around his neck a couple of times and then the next big push I pushed and he was out and it was instant relief and "omg i just had a baby" and my midwife was telling me to turn around carefully and look at him! She didn't know if it was really a boy or a girl she was just saying him and he and so when I turned around and sat down I got a glimpse of his manhood and wasn't surprised at all that we had gotten another wonderful baby boy! he was totally blue from the cord being around his neck and wasn't breathing or crying yet so they quickly cut the cord and sent him over to the warmer with the nurses who started giving him some oxygen and working on him to get him to breathe and it seemed like forever it was even longer then Drake took to cry which I thought was long haha but I had a peaceful feeling and knew me and baby had been given a blessing earlier that all would be well and it was. He finally started to cry and looked just fine after that little episode. the nurse said he was holding his breathe and just to keep an eye on him but that he should be fine and he has been totally fine. we got him back pretty quickly after he finally started to breath and cry and he was so pale but starting to pink up a little bit. Lee was supposed to announce boy or girl but he was trying to hold back tears and couldn't talk so my midwife while she was taking care of me and delivering the placenta and the nurses were getting kru to breathe asked so what is it?! is it really a boy or is it a girl and and I was like I'm pretty sure I saw boy parts and then Lee finally was able to confirm that yes it was a boy! haha It was so much fun having a surprise even if I wasn't that surprised by it being a boy! haha i would have been more shocked if it was a girl and then we would have been scrambling for a girl name since we never did agree on one hahaha! Overall I am soooo happy I did another natural delivery like I had planned and wanted too instead of giving up. It's crazy how different and similar natural deliveries can be from each other even! Anyways recovery so far is going great and we had Kru Saturday morning and he now shares a birthday with his cousin Carson who turned 3 that day! how fun! and we got to go home Sunday afternoon around noon. I had wonderful nurses throughout the hospital stay and we actually were pretty un interrupted the entire time and actually got to rest! Julie brought the kids up to see baby around lunchtime on Saturday and they were thrilled to meet their new baby brother! Landon kept saying I knew it was a boy! haha I texted my mom that morning when we were headed to the hospital and she started the 8hr drive! I called her like 15mins after he was born and told her It's a boy! she arrived in rexburg about 7pm and came up to see baby and then headed to my house to watch the boys overnight so Julie wouldn't have too and so they could sleep in their own beds. Funny story about my IV right after I had Kru we were just hanging out and I was holding him and the midwife and nurse had just left to go do something and Lee was like " haha look at your arm there's a huge bump" and I was like what?!!! I looked down and my IV had infiltrated which means it came out of the vein and was just pumping fluids under my skin into my arm pretty much so there was a big fat bump and I was like Leeeee! go get the nurse! hahaha he went and got her and she was going to get my some IV meds for the pain and cramping after having baby but she said she could just give me some oral meds instead and just take the IV out which i agreed too cuz she would of had to redo the IV and it wasn't worth it to get poked again haha oh and I didn't tear at all either which makes recovery that much better and easier too of course. and now for all the pictures: 





not the cutest pic but this was shortly after he was born and the you can see how pale his face is compared to his body! poor little guy! haha He pinked up shortly after. Darn cor


This was a pic of my arm and that huge bump is where all the fluid was building up! Weirdly enough I didn't feel it all. 
The pic is sideways but you can see my big fat bruise from the iv and having it infiltrate haha



warming up under the warmer after his bath 


legs all stretched out hah

 dad and baby! :)




Kids meeting baby for the first time! They were absolutely thrilled! as soon as Julie showed them a picture of him that i texted her they wanted to see him right away haha they got to come up around lunch time! :D 


 Maylee absolutely loves her baby brother. She's always coming up to me and saying my turn! my turn! haha she thinks it's always her turn and she loves to rub his head as the picture below shows haha we're still learning to be soft haha



Took this picture later that evening this was the first time he was actually awake and looking around he slept allll day long I don't blame him, coming into the world is hard work and it's even tougher when you have the cord around your neck and turn blue and hold your breath! haha




I have lots more pics to share but my phone and my computer are both not cooperating so they will have to wait until the next post! I've tons more stuff to post and share! 







1 comment:

  1. Michelle,
    You did it... I'm so proud of you, way to go! What a crazy story about the IV leaking under your skin. Good think Lee caught it when he did. Bring on more Baby Kru pictures.

    ReplyDelete