Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Birthday weekend and stuff


 I had THE BEST birthday weekend ever! My birthday was the 7th and this year it was on a Sunday so we celebrated on Saturday the day before. Lee had it all planned out and wouldn't tell me anything! The kids were off at the babysitters for the day and I was anxiously awaiting what he had come up with! 

First it was off for lunch and we ate at Millhollow ( Sandwhich and frozen yogurt place I used to work at it's sooooo good) then it was time for my first surprise which turned out to be a pedicure manicure!  My friend had actually  just glitter painted my toes so I didn't get them painted but they let me soak my feet and smoothed them out and then I got a nice long foot massage :) They did put a clear coat on my toes which made them so sparkley! Then right after the pedicure was a manicure which included hand massage! I just got a light sheer color that shimmers purple in the light :) While I was getting my manicure Lee went and picked up my ring at the jewelers across the street (he dropped it off to get cleaned while I was getting my pedicure) it came back looking brand new and sparkley I just love getting it cleaned and it hadn't been done in FOREVER. 

 
manicure and sparkly clean ring! 

Pedicure! 

After that my next surprise was a prenatal massage at a place called the massage place. The lady that did it was LDS and made me feel very comfortable it was so nice! I'd never had a massage ever so it was an extra treat getting one while I'm 9 months prego. she started with my feet and went up my legs and worked on my hips (which felt soooo good) and then I laid on my left side while she massaged my back then she did my other side then my arms and neck and shoulders and head and oh my it was heavenly! I could have just fallen asleep right there! It was an hour long massage and ended just in time for my next surprise which was going back to the salon and getting my hair cut and colored! It desperately needed it and I love the color! I love walking out of the salon with your hair all done and looking awesome. I wish I had someone to do my hair everyday so it would look just as good! 



 (Sunday Sept. 7th before church) showing off my new hair :) 

After my hair appt was finished it was just after 5 so we headed over to Applebee's for dinner and a free birthday dessert :) the food was great and the dessert was even better we got the triple chocolate meltdown cake. After dinner we went to the cheap theater to see Maleficent and it was soooo good! I started having uncomfortable contractions towards the end of the movie and was getting excited hoping they'd turn into labor and I could end the perfect day with a baby so we headed over to the park by the hospital and started walking around the park at like 9:00pm lol I was so hoping it would work but they ended up dying off :( It would have been perfect to go into labor while we were already in Rexburg and had a babysitter that would gladly spend the night with the kids but obviously it wasn't in the cards for darn it. So we headed home around 9:30ish. It was so fun getting thoroughly spoiled from head to toe and feeling like whole new person. Sunday on my actual birthday I just got to be lazy and hang out while the boys spoiled me again and got me anything I wanted. Greatest birthday ever :) 



A bunch of girly goodies that came in the mail yesterday! :) I ordered these hair bows from The Hair bow Company. The polka dotted daisy's I actually got off Etsy though. 

I made 3 more hairbow holders to hold all the new bows that arrived in the mail. I didn't put smaller loops on these though. Do you think she has enough bows? Me either hahaha


Yesterday I also sewed up some burp cloths for little miss! I love the cloth diaper minky burp cloths. I have a few other colored cloth diapers to make into burp cloths too but I need to get some coordinating fabric for them first. These were all just from what i had on hand :) 


Last week we canned some peaches! we did two batches and got 16 quarts. It would have been 18 quarts but two exploded :( I think I packed them too tight...we still have some peaches and I'm hoping to make peach fruit leather from it! 


 39 Weeks 2 Days
Here's the belly today! The picture on the left I was trying to get a picture of my belly button sticking out! It has never poked out with any of my other pregnancies so I had to get a picture of it this time! haha 

I'm so ready to meet this baby girl! I keep telling myself TODAY IS THE DAY! so maybe TODAY will actually be THE day! lol I'm going to go do some dishes and then dance around and try to get her here! :) Wish me luck! I need all the best labor vibes I can get! 


No comments:

Post a Comment