Tuesday, September 2, 2014

More baby stuff :)

Just a few other things I've been working on for Maylee....

This is her coming home onesie that I bought on Etsy HERE. It had the option of adding rhinestones to it but was like $3 and I already splurged for the shirt so I did the rhinestones myself. Beside I had all the stuff to do the rhinestones anyways. So I finally ironed on the little rhinestones so her shirt is officially ready and packed up in our hospital bag. 

I made her hairbow holder! 
Let me just tell you that I have been searching my entire pregnancy for just the right hairbow holder. I didn't just want the kind that is ribbons hanging down and you clip everything cuz then what do you do with all the hair bows and headbands that can't clip to anything?! and I didn't want a big board or something I'd have to hang on the wall cuz there's not a lot of convenient wall space to use in her room as it is and I knew I'd need a HUGE board to hold all the clips I plan on her having haha. So one day.... 
I saw this idea on pinterest and it was actually linked to a Etsy shop named HelloKirsti this is her  picture below: 
 I loooove her idea because all she used was ribbon and elastic and you can make them however long or short you'd like and you can add the shower curtain rings to the loops to hold on the stretch interchangeable headbands it was exactly what I was looking for! The loops that she created with the elastic going down the center has been the missing element of all the other hairbow holders out there! Too bad I didn't come up with it myself it is genius! So anyways I ended up making my own cuz I have a ton of ribbon and I didn't want to pay what she was charging for these fabulous holders. So when I got around to doing it I actually didn't even use elastic going down the center I just used skinnier ribbon and I was lazy and didn't want to pull out my sewing machine so I also just hot glued it haha and guess what?! It works awesome! 

           All hanging up!                                                  Pink on pink! 
side view so you can see the loops.

 So to start out I just made three. The first one I made (the center ribbon on the back of the door)I just made the loops only one finger space apart and it could fit like 24 clips. The other two I spaced the loops two finger spaces for larger clips like on the right with all the gerber daisy looking clips and I actually like the spacing with two fingers better it just gives everything enough space that you can see everything. So I folded over the tops of these ribbons to create a loop so I could string a little ribbon through to hang it up with an dI put tacks in the back of the door and hung them up! I decided to make them a shorter length so that when maylee gets bigger and wants to grab things off she won't be able to reach all the hairbows. The empty hairbow holder on the far left I'm going to be getting some shower curtain rings at the dollar store and hanging all her headbands on that ribbon! :) I just love how it turned out and how easy it was to make. It took me maybe 15mins.


I've seen super cute beaded binky clips all over Etsy and I just had to make some for Maylee. So far I've just made this one! I got all the beads at Joann's and just had some extra buttons and binky clip stuff so one night I put this one together and I just love it! It is also packed in our hospital bag :) I plan on making her one to match her blessing dress outfit and one or two more just for fun.




and in closing of this post
Here's the belly at 38 weeks! She is still pretty high up I think. I can feel her up in my ribs. I can't wait for her to drop and get engaged so that I can breathe easier! 

I had an appointment this afternoon and I am currently 2cm dialated and 0% effaced :( she said my cervix is still pretty thick and hard ( we want soft and thinning) danget. I was hoping for a labor day baby (yesterday) because I was born on Labor Day I thought it'd be awesome to have a labor day baby so we could share the same holiday but still have different birthdays well that obviously didn't happen. I was so hopeful too because Sunday morning at like 3AM I was having contractions 3mins apart for an hour and a half and then they just went away :( I was so sure it was going to turn into the real thing but it never did so I was hopeful for a labor day baby!  I mowed our huge backyard and the front yard all day yesterday hoping to make some progress/ go into labor and NOTHING! lol so frustrating but I gotta admit I expected it. I'm never the lucky one to have a baby early. Baby #1- 4days late, Baby #2- 5 days early (ok so I was early once), Baby#3 -1 week late!!! So I've accepted the fact that I will be making it to my due date if not later. oh well more brain cells for her haha hopefully she'll drop soon and that will help with the effacing hopefully next week I'll have made even more progress....we'll see. 

Oh and also today I went and pre registered at the hospital after my appointment. So I finally found out the proper way to get to labor and delivery. the first two times I just went to the ER and they got me up there. I didn't know there was an actual labor and delivery entrance. The third time the L&D entrance was all under construction so I was supposed to go to the ER. So this time we're going to do it the right way haha L&D is way over on the side of the hospital and you go in through those doors then you have to take the elevator up to the 3rd floor ( the hospital is built on/up against a hill so it has a really weird layout since they've just kept adding to it.) and then you turn right out of the elevator and down the little hall and there is the main desk for labor and delivery. Today the elevators going up to L&D were broken but a really nice hospital worker guy showed me the way up another way which was completely confusing but I was just glad he got me to where I needed to go without taking the stairs lol and he knew where I needed to go cuz I had no clue and the signs were so not helpful... so anyways I  got all pre registered which pretty much just consisted of confirming all my information and I re confirmed that when I am in actual labor that that was the desk I go to and I can just walk in where I did and get in the eleveator and it will bring me right up. So now I feel a whole lot better about knowing about all that instead of being thoroughly confused when I'm in labor. Glad I got that all sorted out. Now it's just waiting for baby and trying to keep the house clean until she gets here haha I don't think she's coming until the 17th and Lee is guessing the 14th....I guess we'll see! Any guesses?!


1 comment:

  1. Maylee's coming home from the hospital shirt is so cute. The hair accessory door hangers are such a great idea. We have Daphanee & Dalieeah's bows & headbands in two three level plastic storage bins that have drawers. I think I'm going to use the dressers for clothing though, so I'm thinking of moving all the bows & headbands into actual storage containers. You've got such neat ideas. We're getting so excited to meet Maylee!

    ReplyDelete