Thursday, June 13, 2013

Baby Shower


One of the Ladies I visiting Teach is having a baby this summer and I got to help with her baby shower. She has two girls and a boy and her husband has 3 girls and they decided they wanted to have a baby together and it's a girl! haha They were hoping for a boy but they are still thrilled with a girl. Who wouldn't be. Her color scheme she likes is Yellow and Gray and White. But my gift to her was PINK! It just seems wrong being the mom of three boys and not doing pink for a girl! lol Anyways i got her this super cute Lace Petti Dress from The Hair Bow Company online. I bought a cute strand of white pearls to go with it and I gave her a set of Lace headbands I got on Etsy from HERE and I also had a set of Nylon headbands like the bottom picture that I got from the hair bow company for .69 each So i got her bright pink light pink gray and white. 







This is the headband holder I made her! I was in charge of  the headband making station at the shower. So all the
guests got to come in and make a cute hair clip for the baby.

close up of the ribbons. 

p.s. I got the frame at the flea market for 1.50 and spray
painted it white then just sand papered it for the
distressed shabby chic look. I had all the Ribbons on hand
and the spray paint cost 1.99. Not bad for 3.49!








Erica also asked me to make
some cake pops! This was
my first time ever doing
them and I think they turned
out pretty awesome! I made 100


They were Lemon cake inside and dipped in white almond
bark and drizzled in yellow and gray. 
This is how I put them on display lol in Ice Cream buckets! Yeah we eat a lot of ice cream and I save the buckets...
don't judge.  The cake pops were handed out as favors for guests after the shower was over so I made a sign that
said, "Thanks for "popping" on by Erica's baby shower"

This was the hair bow making station! Her baby shower was in the Stake Center Pavilion. 

The Inspiration Board! I had no color ink! So I went to Lee's work to print them. NO color Ink. So I tried the Library....NO
COLORED INK! UGH! So we just had to deal with black and white. It would have been cuter in color but oh well what do
you do. 

Some of the little instruction signs to help guide the guests in making a hair bow. 






The Tutorial table! I put together and printed out a variety of hairbow making tutorials that anyone could do. So if
they really had no idea how they could look here and do it. 
After they made their bows or flowers or whatever they put a little tag on it with their name and clipped it here. I
didn't get a picture of the bows on the board unfortunately. I totally forgot but they turned out sooooo cute! People were so creative and did a really good job! i was impressed! There was even some who made super cutes bows that I didn't have a tutorial for. I loved it! Some day when I have a girl I'll be doing this at my shower! 


Love these fan decorations she bought for her shower.


                                 
The Cake! No I did not make it lol But it was super cute 
The money Tree. On her invitations she let guests know if they would
like to donate to a money tree that option would be available. So I put
this together for her! I just spray painted some branches white. tied
them together and put them in a pot I had. Stuck the branches in Styrofoam
and put rocks on the top so it wasn't insanely heavy with rocks. I tied a
yellow ribbon around the pot  and put clothes pins all over
the branches for guest to attach their money or cards with money.
I made a sign for it and it read, "It would be grand if your gift
could be, a little green on the money tree." :)




1 comment: