Thursday, August 28, 2014

Getting ready for baby!

I've been busy getting stuff all washed and put together for baby girl! 
The other day I washed up her bassinet sheet and the actual cover so it was all dry to put together and put back on Tuesday. I'm really excited for this bassinet. I've used my pack n play with the last 3 boys but it takes up so much room in our tiny bedroom and blocks me from getting into my nightstand and closet. So my mom actually bought me this for my baby shower! I was looking at just getting a moses basket and base and she found this bassinet! It's perfect because it actually has storage underneath which a regular moses basket base doesn't have. Also its super easy to click in and out of the base and it's all light weight and easy to move. 
 The basket off of the base
 Close up pictures of the toys and pattern on the sheet

 The sound maker thing. 

 My mom bought these little boots for Maylee they are way too cute! I can't wait to put them on her! 

While shopping in Spokane I got the last minute stuff I've been needing like binkies and baby lotion, desitin, baby wash and baby powder. here are the cute binkies I picked out. The purple and green set at the top of the picture are Nuk 0-2M size which is a new size since my last baby and will probably work even better than the 0-6 size the first 2 months since their mouths are just so little. 

 0-6 binkies 

 and these super cute flower binkies! They only had them in the larger size but I had to get them!
 And here's the rhinestone binky I bought maylee on Etsy from https://www.etsy.com/shop/BeccaRooni

Here's a better picture. My lighting wasn't good when I took pictures of it the other night. I asked her to add the bow to the binky ring and I LOVE it so much! So dang cute! Definitely worth the splurge just don't tell my husband how much I spent on that binky lol 


It came in this cute pink bag. 


So I've finally packed my hospital bag! Or rather my hospital backpack. When I had Landon I packed a whole small duffle bag but after 3 kids I've learned what I need and what I don't.  

1.    Complete outfit for hubby. we live 30mins from the hospital so it's not like he can just run home and change if he needed too and I like him to stay with me as much as possible anyway. Also If I go into labor during the day he could be in his work clothes and covered in dirt or grease or oil. 
2.    Going home outfit for me= Yoga pants, nursing bra, and a shirt I can easily pull down and nurse in. The key here for me is comfort I don't want anything squeezing me after I've had a baby so I make sure to be maternity clothes still. With Landon I brought pre pregnancy clothes to go home in. So not comfy I changed as soon as we got home. 
 3.   This time around I'm bring this waist slimmer with me. With Drake last time my stomach just felt like my guts fell out and I felt kinda sick and all I wanted to do was hug a pillow so this time around I'm bringing this with me to help hold me together and solve that problem haha 
4.   This is what I pack in my makeup bag. 
 Deodorant for Lee and I
razor and hair gel for lee
baby oil (i use it as a makeup  remover)
mascara, eyeliner, coverup, chapstick and blush ( i look so pale after having a baby that the blush is a must)
mini shampoo and conditioner ( the hospital has soap but my hair needs conditioner and real shampoo) 
I make sure to have an extra hair tie and an extra pair of earrings ( I hate not having earrings in it just bugs me. especially in pictures)
I also bring a pair of nursing pads just in case. My milk usually doesn't come in until a day or two later but ya never know.
And for baby I buy the mini travel pack of johnson and johnson stuff and I pull out the baby powder, desitin and baby lotion and put them in my bag. The hospital has a whole pack of diapers and wipes in the room so I don't worry about packing that stuff and bringing it.

Also I do bring toothbrushes and tooth paste for Lee and I. I just go to the dollar store and pick an extra set up for us which I haven't done yet. But the hospital does provide one if I forget it. 

Also the hospital has lots and lots and lots of the biggest pads ever so you won't have to bring your own and you get to take all the extra home with you. while I'm in the hospital I just wear the gowns they have and the mesh undies they give you lol I don't change into my own clothes until it's time to go home (I don't see the point when your bleeding so much. Might as well save your own clothes for later instead of getting ruined. And then when it is time I just wear my own (preferably) black and cheap underwear I can throw away if necessary. ( I change back into G's once I get home.)

For maylee I'm bring this hospital hat! She'll wear it while we're at the hospital ( I usually am only there a day but with Landon it was 2 days) I don't change my babies until we're ready to leave. It's just easier and I don't have to worry about them ruining clothes or having to get them dressed and undressed during our stay so the nurses can check vitals when they need too and what not.they just stay nice and bundled up in a blanket anyways.

5.   Maylee's going home outfit! I couldn't decided on a headband so I finally got Lee to pick one and he Picked the middle one :) Don't forget mittens for baby! I always forget them and of course baby always scratches their little face. 

6.  I always bring a cute little blankey and burp cloth with us. My kids are always spitting up clear fluid after their born so the burp cloth is a must. Also our hospital has asked that we leave behind their blankets and shirts that they put on the baby so bringing my own blanket for baby when it's time to leave is a must. 

Maylee's binky and little bracelet that she'll be wearing home :) Having a girl is way too much fun. I'm loving all the accessorizing already!

And that is all I bring with me! I like to keep it simple and also only fill half of my bag so when it's time to leave and we get to take everything in the room home some of it will fit back into the backpack. plus Lee is much happier to only have to carry around a backpack rather than a big duffle bag or more lol 

Oh also, DON'T FORGET the most important things! 
* CAMERA and CAMERA CHARGER
*PHONE CHARGER + PHONE
*WALLET 

Also if you can pre register at your hospital I definitely suggest doing that! Otherwise you'll be in labor trying to work through contractions and they'll be asking you a million and one questions to get you checked in. Sooooo not fun and just beyond obnoxious. Been there done that and this time I'm preregistering. 

In other baby prepping news the carseat arrived yesterday!!! So excited when I checked the tracking number that it said it was arriving a whole day early! 
 The boys all excited to get it open! 
Here it is! and it came with a chicco binky haha They're actually shaped like a NUK binky so I might actually use it. 
  
Tada! all ready to go! Call me crazy but took all the covers off and washed the entire thing. haha it just smelt like new plastic and chemicals so I couldn't help myself. i washed it on the delicate cycle with the baby dreft laundry soap and now it smells amazing :) I just air dried it before putting it back together again :) 

Here's the carseat cover! I made this several years ago and it didn't sell on Etsy so now I get to use it! I don't have the energy to make her one that matches her crib bedding and I like this one anways lol the top is flannel so it'll keep her warm when we leave the hospital. Hopefully Lee gets the car cleaned out at work today so we can install her carseat in the car! 

Also last night I got lee to put up the curtains in Maylee's room! I love them! they're hot pink adn have cute rosettes along the top and they're a fun silky fabric. :) Well I need to go clean my Kitchen now. The Missionaries are coming over for dinner tonight. Can't wait to post more baby stuff! I still have several projects to get done before she arrives! 




3 comments:

  1. These last few weeks before baby comes are so exciting, getting all the loose ends tied up... I love the anticipation! Let me know what you think of the belly band. I've heard a lot of people use the belly band it, & wanted to know if they really help or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing what you bring to the hospital! I love Maylee's curtains! And that bassinet seems perfect. You have so many cute things for her I can't wait for her debut so I can see her in it all! She is going to be so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, all your goodies are so cute for her!! Good luck in the end of your pregnancy!!!

    ReplyDelete