Monday, August 11, 2014

35 weeks!!!

Here's me today! 35 weeks!!! 
Only 5 or less weeks left! YAY! I can always hope that it will be less but with my record It'll probably be the full 5 weeks or more. Oh well what do you do. All I care about is a healthy baby in the end :) 
Saturday ( the 9th) My friend Britney threw me a baby shower! It was so much fun she did a great job! And of course I totally failed at taking pictures. :( The shower was in my backyard on our patio. We had the little pop up 10x10 canopy tent set up for some nice shade.  she decorated in pink and yellow. we had a veggie tray, fruit kabobs, pink sixlet candies, lemon water, and these really yummy cheesecake's in a cup with fresh raspberries mixed in! We played three games. One was we each got an ice cube with a little baby frozen in the ice cube and whose ever ice cube melted first and the baby was free had to yell "My water broke" and they won a prize! haha I actually won that  game but let one of my guests get the prize instead haha Then they did a baby charades sort of game where they drew a baby word out of a jar like rocking chair, pacifier, spit up or diaper things like that and they were split into teams and had to get their team to guess the word in the least amount of time as possible either by molding the word with playdough or acting it out. I got to watch and it was so funny at times. We also played the game where you put baby food in diapers and number them and try and guess what the "poo" is in the diaper. We had 7 diapers and Britney used the LUVS brand which made it even harder to guess what baby food poo was in each diaper cuz luv diapers are so scented you couldn't smell it over the diaper hahaha it was funny watching everyone opening the diapers and trying to smell them to guess what was in them lol I've played this game before with melted chocolate bars but it's even funnier and grosser with baby food. It looks even more like real baby poo lol. Then our last game was Present bingo while I opened presents :) I got some more cute outfits and several packs of diapers and some really cute baby girl toys. I'm getting so excited for a girl! 

Here was the only picture I took from the shower. These were the cute little popcorn ball favors she made and handed out to everyone afterwards! 


Some Girly Purchases! 



I totally splurged and bought this rhinestone binky off Etsy! I love it so much! I couldn't help it Maylee needs it! The only difference hopefully will be that the one I got is going to have a little matching bow on the ring of the binky like the one pictured below:

I hope it ships out this week and gets to me fast cuz I can't wait to see it! She's pretty busy in her shop so it was a wait time of 7-10days before she ships her items out but that's ok with me since I don't need it immediately. 

 I also just purchased all of these interchangeable headbands! 
I got this 19 piece set of these lace headbands


 This 12 piece set of nylon headbands 
 13 piece of skinny stretch headbands
And I got 12 of these crochet headbands. I got to choose 12 colors and chose black white chocolate cream gray  light pink and dark pink dark purple lime green bright yellow mint and peach. 
Needless to say I think she'll be set on headbands for a while! And i love that I can mix and match and change the clip that will be on the headband! 

I also just bought this super cute headband for baby girl for some newborn pictures. I LOVE it! It took a while for the order to be fulfilled as well cuz it's such a busy shop on Etsy so I made sure to order it early and get it in plenty of time for Maylee's arrival. 


I also have this onesie on order but in the long sleeve! I can't wait for it to get here. I'm hoping this one ships out ASAP as well this Etsy shop has a 2-3 week wait for orders so I ordered it nice and early and it should hopefully ship this week. I'm ordered some pink knit jersey fabric so I can make matching footed pants and little mittens to go with it! This will be her coming home outfit! 


Now all this fun girly stuff are things I want to purchase or make! 

I found THIS outfit on ETSY the other day and I wanted to die of girly cuteness overload! I love it soooo much! I'm going to make this same outfit to take pictures of Maylee in with her brothers. This little outfit was selling for 55.00! I just can't spend that on something I can easily do myself so I'll be making this outfit! 

LOVE this little outfit I want to order it soon for her but I might just make it as well....not sure yet. 

I absolutely LOVE these super cute beaded binky clips!!! Soooo so cute but I'll be making them myself! The top one was like 25.00bucks! yeah right! 




This binky cracks me up! Totally want to get Maylee one lol 

I'm going to be ordering this onesie hopefully soon for maylee!


This is on my mile long list of things to purchase as well! Love the Pink lace wrap! Would be so cute for newborn pictures. They have a dark purple I really like too I can't decide which I like best. 

I'm going to make a cute matching bracelet like this one to go with the the lace wrap and newborn pictures that I have planned to do. 

I LOOOVE this bow headband it is just too cute I can make it myself for sure. I might do it in light pink though instead of ivory but I really like the Ivory in this picture with the fabric backdrop they used.


Last week or so I made the changing pad cover for Maylee's room! No more blue cover! I got the pink minky fabric off of PickYourPlum.com it's a daily deals website and they were selling 1 1/2yds of this minky for 4.99 such an awesome deal! they had it in a bunch of colors too so I also have it in white, purple, aqua blue, and a light pink for future projects and burp cloths. 

close up of the cute heart pattern.


 August 2nd we went on a mini adventure. We decided to go to horse shoe lake and take the kids swimming. The public access spot was already claimed and crowded so we drove around trying to find another spot and find on but it was kinda muddy swampy and later I saw a leech and decided I was done in that water. The kids liked it and no one had leeches on them but because our swimming was cut short thanks to the leech I saw we decided to go up the road a little further and go to cave falls. Lee and I haven't been there since the cave fell in. 

Cave falls! where that sign is is where the cave used to be. And it says if you pass the sign you'll get fined $100 because of the danger of falling rocks and what not. 

A picture with mom in it! haha Excuse the lack of makeup we were swimming.

We hiked the trail above the falls to see the view.

Drake was holding onto Lee's face and just being cute in general. 

This rock pile is where the cave was! It wasn't the biggest cave but it's kinda sad to see it gone. We were just dating I think the last time Lee and I were here and the Cave still existed I wouldn't even call it a cave technically it was just more of an overhang of rock that you could stand up inside of next to the waterfall....
i found this picture on the internet this is what it would look like if you were standing in the "cave" looking out at the waterfall but alas it is no longer there since it fell in. 

Still a fun day spending time together as a family. This last saturday (9th) after the baby shower we spontaneously decided to go huckleberry picking. Huckleberries come out about the first week in august so we knew if we were going to get any we had to go then or not get any at all so we quick got dressed and everyone ready and headed out berry picking! we got twice the amount we got last year! probably about 1/3rd of a gallon. not too bad :) we like to use them in ice cream cuz you don't need very many for it to flavor your ice cream :) Drake had fun picking berries too. He was happy as long as he had his own bush to pick and eat berries from haha Landon was having way too much fun crashing throw the woods and tall bushes and Zeke was content hanging out he doesn't like huckleberries it turns out haha

 This week has already started out busy for us. I went visiting teaching this morning and the rest of the week I'll be getting the house cleaned and hopefully accomplishing more of the deep cleaning that I have on my to do list. Then Lee's brother and his wife and kids are coming up Friday night and Saturday is my baby shower with Lee's family that my sister in law is throwing at her house in Rigby. She's a good picture taker so I'll definitely have  pictures to post from that shower! Saturday evening Lee has an Eagle Court of honor to attend Sunday Lee is speaking with our stakes high councilor in 4th ward ( we are in 1st ward) Sunday Evening I have a YW recognition thing to attend  and Monday morning I have my 36 week dr appointment and drake has his 18month check up and after those appointments we're headed off to Spokane for a week for a vacation and Tawny's wedding at the end of the week. And somewhere in between it all I'm going to have us all packed and ready to go to Spokane hahaha. Also while we're gone in Spokane for the week right before we leave we are going to bug bomb our house. 2 weeks ago I was cleaning and ran into the biggest hobo EVER. Luckily Landon killed it for me with a piece of wood but then the next day when we were cleaning the boys' room which we do atleast once a day. there was another huge hobo!! UGH I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE SPIDERS soooooo much! So right before we leave for Spokane we're bug bombing the house and the crawl space! We're also going to spray some of that house defense bug spray all around our house as well for extra good measure! haha 


1 comment:

  1. I love that Etsy shop that sells the Rhinestone pacifiers. Maylee will not go one day without having some sort of bow or headband on her head... You can never have enough bows & headbands. Maylee will be so accessorized. Girls are so much fun to plan for! Don't you love it?! I just had a thought... Perhaps you & Lee will have 3 girls in a row. What a fun pattern that would be.

    ReplyDelete