I was so excited to paint I forgot to take a before picture so here is a picture from when we first moved in. It was a light green color. It was nice but just not me at all.
Here is after..........

TURQUOISE!!! It really is this bright and happy! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!!!! Everytime I walk into my kitchen it makes me smile!!! :) The color is called Innocent Turquoise and it's a Valspar Medallion color :) In case you were wondering.

Here's a view of the whole kitchen. This picture is a little dark.
And then a day or two later I added vinyl words!

It was so hard to choose what quote I wanted to put in my kitchen so I finally just chose it cut and put it up and I'm happy with my choice. I wanted it to be a kitchen-y quote :)

I love this font. I got it from fontspace.com and used it with my silhouette machine to cut out the vinyl letters myself :)

:D doesn't that just make you smile? LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!
Oh and did I mention I did this all without Lee knowing? haha I went and bought the paint and painted two coats all before he got home. He came in and I was cooking dinner trying not to smile and act like nothing had happened and he was telling me about work and then he left to go change out of his work clothes and I was like "Lee! Did you notice anything different about the Kitchen? And he was like, " Yeah hun it looks great it's nice and clean." bhahaha he didn't even notice so I was like ok well what do you think about it's color? I painted the whole kitchen today! and he came back and looked and was like oh my gosh I thought I smelled paint. hahahaha sooo funny he didn't even notice! :) he loves it just as much as I do and he's even happier that he didn't even have to help paint it! :)
The next day I cut out the vinyl quote and put it up while he was at work and he DID notice the quote and likes it too. :)
HA Ha ha, it's a typical guy thing, to not notice something that is right in front of their faces. Lol, I can't believe that Lee didn't notice the bright turquoise color though... I love how bright & cheerful your kitchen looks now! I especially love the quote you put up. You should drive all the way to Spokane Washington & do my kitchen!!!
ReplyDelete