Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Best Valentine's Day EVER!!!

Well I have to admit I wasn't expecting much if anything this Valentine's Day. So all last week I was dropping hints to lee reminding him of when Valentine's Day was and that the latest twilight movie was coming out the Saturday before Valentine's Day HINT HINT HINT. And all week he kept saying things like what day is Valentine's Day again? And I'd just glare at him feeling like my efforts were pointless. Also I was kinda mad at him last week because he had told me that he was going to take Tuesday off so we could have all day together for Valentine's Day. Naturally I was beyond excited. Then Sunday night he was on the phone with his cousin figuring out his work schedule and told him that he would work Tuesday!!! I was sooo mad cuz I was so looking forward to him finally having a day off and finally getting to spend all day with him. Little did I know it was all a part of his plan.
Then Monday night came along the night before Valentine's day and Lee was playing video games with his brother usually I don't mind because he doesn't get to play let alone have someone to play with very often. So I started reading my book for book club it was after dinner and getting later and later and I just kept waiting for him to come to bed. It's a good thing it's a good book cuz it was like 11:00ish and he still wasn't coming to bed and neither was his brother leaving...so i went out there tried to get his attention was ignored and went back to bed sooo I was thinking hmmm.....maybe he's staying up late because he really doesn't have to go to work tomorrow! so I wasn't too mad thinking he'd stay home...He eventually came to bed around midnight. Then in the morning when I woke up he was up and dressed for work and making us all pancakes. I was so bummed he was still going to work, It's a good thing he made pancakes. So I went and got all his Valentine's gifts together to give to him before he left for work. So anyways...Here's what he got for Valentine's Day...

Landon helped make this card for Lee...

And I made this love note valentine for Lee out of sweet hearts! The first sweet hear said Hey Babe! Then I filled it in saying I just wanted to let you know that "UR HOT" hahaha and just continued on...He really loved it I was surprised I felt like a first grader making it and didn't expect him to love it as much as he did so that made me feel good.

And Then I got him some Almond Joy Pieces! Apparently Almond joy's are his ulitmate favorite even though he told me his favorite was reeses peanut butter cups...Atleast I found out before Valentine's day haha

So he got all his stuff and he loved it and I was feeling good and slowly getting over that he was leaving for work. So he left for work and I started passing the time hoping it would go fast. Then around 11:00 someone knocked on the door so I ran to go answer it (still in my pajamas with no make up and crazy hair...attractive I know lol) and it was Lee!!!!! I was soooo surprised! He was standing there with a bouquet of daisies (my favorite) and a bunch of other little gifts for me!!!
I was sooo happy that alone made my day but it was only the start. (He actually never went to work that morning he was hanging out at his brother's house here in Ashton putting together all my stuff for me! He had gotten it all earlier in the week except for the flowers that he got that morning)


Here's my beautiful happy flowers!
LOVE all the colors :) He knows me well :)
Along with the flowers he also got me some Almond M&M's, a Symphony Bar, Two purple 5lb weights that I can work out with, annnnd the latest twilight movie on bluray! :) :) :) I was one happy girl! He also wrote me the best love not I've ever received. He bought me each thing for a reason for example the symphony bar represented the symphony of music that plays in his heart for me! how cute right? He even counted all the petals on the flowers and had meanings for it too! Then he told me I had an hour to get ready for our date. So I rushed off took a shower got ready couldn't find anything to wear, finally decided on an outfit and his mom came and babysat. First thing we went and did was eat lunch I was expecting to eat lunch in rexburg but he surprised me and took me to a place called The Gingerbread Run Cafe here in Ashton just up the highway. It was sooo good all the food is homemade the bread the make there sandwhiches with-homemade sourdough. I had a steak mushroom sandwhich and he had chicken and bacon. Sooo good. Then after lunch we headed into Rexburg and according to his Schedule that he had we went shopping. First to CAL ranch where I didn't find anything but he did and he looked sooo good in it too. I'll have to take a picture and post it sometime. He's been wanting a cowboy hat forever for like camping and working and what not and so he finally got one and a nice western type shirt to go with it. I still hadn't found anything so we headed to Down East and Walmart( I didn't really expect to find anything at walmart but it was worth a try) ...still nothing....Then we went to Maurice's and I got to pick out an entire outfit!!! The whole time we were shopping I kept picking out stuff for the kids and Lee was like Michelle you need to be selfish and get something for you this one time! Stop picking out stuff for the kids! haha So Maurice's was perfect cuz it was all clothes just for me no kids or guys stuff. So anyways here's what we ended up picking out thanks to the mannequin wearing all of this! I saw it and loved it!


The boots were mine already and just went awesome with the outfit.
I love the turquoise top with the crochet looking detail on it and the belt and black over sweater and feather earrings and new jeans! It felt soooo good to get a whole new outfit! I haven't gone shopping for me in forever. It was a much needed special treat! :)
Here's a clos up of the detail on the shirt and the necklace... The necklace has feathers on it too :)
My cute belt! :) The original belt that the mannequin was wearing was the same color as my boots and I LOVED it, but they only had it in a large and it was way too big so the girl brought me like 5 other belts to choose from and I settled on this one! :) I'll have to take a picture of me in this outfit so you can see how cute it is on. :)

So I left the store wearing my new outfit and Lee took me to the cheap theatre and we went and watched War Horse. It wasn't my favorite movie but it wasn't horrible either. We had both been wanting to see it so we snuck in our laffy taffy candy that we had bought earlier and enjoyed the movie. After the movie it was just a little after 6 and we went and ate out again :) We went to wingers and it was so good :) we didn't even have to wait that long either only 10-15mins on valentine's day, not bad at all. The food was good and we were stuffed. Then after dinner we went back to walmart cuz I remembered I had to get some more formula for Zeke so we went shopping and were able to fit all our stuff in the cart! amazing the things you can do without kids! haha Then before we headed home we stopped at The Dollar store and picked up a Valentine's gift for Lee's mom for watching our kids all day! We got her a red heart shaped balloon and a nice card, a puzzle and some glow stick bracelets in a cute Valentine bag :) She loved it :) And surprisingly enough the kids were in bed when we got home! Then Lee and I watched my new twilight movie :) and ate our candies :) and then went to bed. All in all it was a GREAT Valentine's Day! I was completely surprised that he had actually planned ahead and had this all ready all along. :)



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great day! It's so wonderful to be surprised by a loving husband! I laughed out loud when you talked about shopping and you naturally just started looking for kid clothes. I can totally relate! Haha and also getting groceries without the kids. It's great, isn't it! I have been really enjoying checking your blog as you update it with all the organizing you are doing. It has been making me so excited to get into our own home! Hope you and your fam are doing well. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The homemade gifts you made for Lee were so sweet! Boy, did Lee pull off a great surprise for you or what?! How special. Happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete